This post is not about proving or disproving who Mariyah al-Qibtiyyah was, whether she was a real person and whether or not she was a Concubine of Prophet Muhammad. There is enough evidence available in the historical references that Mariyah al-Qibtiyya (often known as Mariya the Copt) was one of the four concubines of Prophet and she was the mother of his son named Ibraheem who died as a young child.
What is a Concubine: Concubine is a person (woman or man) with whom one has a relationship (generally matrimonial) and you can marry this concubine due to one or more reasons (often Social reasons).
Following are the questions with no answers:
- Why ordinary Muslims do not know about Mariyah al-Qibtiyyah story and the reality behind it.
- Why on TV Channels in places like Pakistan where they show a Hadith (often fake and not from the Sahi Bukhari) quite a few times everyday but they never tell you who Mariyah the Copt was and what was her relationship with Prophet Muhammad ?
- Why Muslims like to argue that having a concubine is perfectly alright because it was part of the culture of those days ? Wasnt Prophet suppose to be ahead of his time and provide a guidance for the generations to come
- If this relationship was ok then how to define Ilegal Sex ?
- How to define the status of Prophet’s son Ibraheem ? Was that a Legal Child ?
- Why did Prophet tell followers to arrange the punishment of Stoning to Death (as example shown below in an Authentic Hadith) for people who commit Ilegal Sex ?
|Sahi Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 82, Number 806 :|
|Narrated by Abu Huraira|